October 26, 2016
Ellio's Gourmet Pizza Burger
By Ellio's Pizza Hacker
When you’ve got a craving for a few different dishes, it’s hard to pick just one. Well, now you don’t have to, because Ellio’s has a recipe for a tasty, toasty pizza burger that’s sure to satisfy your appetite for many different taste sensations. You don’t even need a grill for this masterpiece.
In this edition of Ellio’s Pizza Hacks, we’re taking your burger building experience to the next level by piling some gourmet ingredients on top of your Ellio’s Pizza bun. You can make smaller pizza burgers for the whole troop, or craft the perfect personal pizza burger.
Our goal is to keep the recipe simple, but you can add as many ingredients as you dare. We also mostly use store-brand ingredients, and the results are always tasty. You can make these with any of our pizzas, but we like to use varieties that have a 9-slice serving. Now, let’s get to flipping some patties!
What You’ll Need and Suggested Portions:
1 box of Ellio’s Pizza
½ - 1 pound of ground beef
½ of an avocado
1 slice of your favorite cheese
1 slice of onion
1 handful of mixed greens or other desired lettuce
1 drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
1 dash salt
1 dash pepper
1 dash garlic salt
How the Magic Happens:
1. Make your patty, season with salt, pepper, and a little garlic salt.
2. Set your stove top to medium heat, drizzle in extra virgin olive oil.
3. Allow patty to cook on one side for about 5-6 minutes and flip.
4. While the burger is cooking, slice your onion and avocado.
5. Allow the other side of the burger to cook for 3-4 minutes and top it with your cheese.
6. Toast your Ellio’s for about 12 minutes and cut in half.
7. Place your beautiful burger patty on one of the halves and begin to build.
8. Toss on a few raw, red onions.
9. Add a couple chunky pieces of avocado.
10. Add with mixed greens or lettuce of choice.
11. Top with the other half of your Ellio’s slice and smash.
We hope you had a blast creating your pizza burger. If you followed along at home, we’d love to see the finished product. Follow us on Instagram @OfficialElliosPizza, and when you tag #ElliosGram in your photos, we just might regram your Ellio’s creations. Keep checking back with us for more Ellio’s Pizza Hacks.