June 30, 2016
Ellio’s Throwdown Pizza Fries
By Ellio's Pizza Hacker
Moms everywhere know that Ellio’s Pizza is a wholesome meal they can feel good about feeding their kids, just like kids everywhere know that it’s oven-toasted and tasty. Well, hang onto your pepperonis, because we’ve got a few tricks to make our awesome pizza even more delicious.
In this edition of Ellio’s Pizza Hacks, we’re going to teach you a fun activity that’s sure to fill up the whole family. Ellio’s Throwdown Pizza Fries are perfect for sharing and easy to prepare. You can use as many ingredients as you dare, but we’ve put together a simple recipe to please even the pickiest eaters.
The following recipe is based on any of our varieties that have a 9 slice serving. You can use whatever brand of add-on ingredients you wish. We used store brand, and the results were fantastic.
- What you’ll need & suggested portions:
1 box of Ellio’s Pizza
1 cup of pizzeria-style sauce
1 cup of finely shredded mozzarella cheese
10-15 regular-size pepperonis
- How the magic happens:
1. Pre-heat your toaster oven to 425°F.
2. Place desired amount of Ellio’s Pizza slices on the middle oven rack.
3. Allow slices to cook for approximately 8 minutes, until cheese begins to melt.
4. Remove slices and cut them into fun, long shapes.
5. Transfer onto aluminum foil and arrange the shapes into a yummy pizza pile.
6. Using a spoon, splash the pizzeria-style sauce evenly throughout your pizza pile.
7. Sprinkle or spoon cheese evenly.
8. Feng shui your pepperonis for perfect placement.
9. Garnish with a dash or two of Italian seasoning.
10. Roll the edges of the aluminum so you’ve got a pizza fry bowl.
11. Place aluminum pizza fry bowl back in the toaster oven.
12. Toast for an additional 6-8 minutes.
We hope you’ve had as much fun playing with your food as we did. If you followed along at home, we’d love to see how it went. Follow us on Instagram @OfficialElliosPizza, and when you tag #ElliosGram in your photos, we just might regram your Ellio’s creations. Keep checking back with us for more Ellio’s Pizza Hacks.