September 19, 2016
Ellio’s Chicken and Broccoli Pizza Panini
By Ellio's Pizza Hacker
Some folks use a French baguette; others prefer ciabatta bread. When the Ellio’s Pizza Hacker grills the perfect panini, they sandwich a few extra ingredients between two Ellio’s and call it a delicacy. If this sounds like your kind of thing, you’re in for a toasty treat.
In this edition of Ellio’s Pizza Hacks, we’re going to show you how to make a delicious meal that you can serve for dinner, as a snack for entertaining, or you can keep ‘em all to yourself to crush those late-night cravings. Plus, if you’re making them for the kids, this recipe is sure to help you sneak those veggies in for even the pickiest eater.
Our goal is to keep the recipe simple, but you can add as many ingredients as you dare. We also mostly use store-brand ingredients, and the results are always tasty. The following recipe is based on any of our varieties that have a 9-slice serving. Let’s get down to business!
What You’ll Need and Suggested Portions:
1 box of Ellio’s Pizza
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup broccoli, steamed
1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
1 drizzle olive oil
1 dash salt
1 dash pepper
1 dash garlic salt
How the Magic Happens:
1. Dice chicken into small cubes, add salt, pepper, and a bit of garlic salt.
2. Toss seasoned chicken in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, and cook on medium to high heat, until the chicken is cooked all the way through. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
3. Once you’ve started cooking the chicken, place chopped broccoli crowns in a pot with ½ cup of water and cover to steam. Allow the broccoli to cook at medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
4. Set toaster oven to 425° and toast 2 slices of Ellio’s Pizza for 12 minutes.
5. Pile chicken, broccoli, and cheese on top of one slice, and place the other slice on top, with the cheese side face-down.
6. Place in the panini maker for about 5 minutes.
7. Remove, cut into desired portions and shapes, and enjoy.
We hope you had a blast with this recipe. If you followed along at home, we’d love to see the finished product. Follow us on Instagram @OfficialElliosPizza, and when you tag #ElliosGram in your photos, we just might regram your Ellio’s creations. Keep checking back with us for more Ellio’s Pizza Hacks.