August 5, 2016
Ellio’s Breakfast Bonanza Pizza
By Ellio's Pizza Hacker
We adore hearing from our fans, especially on Twitter and Facebook! Some people stop by to tell us how much they’ve enjoyed our pizza over the years, and how they’re teaching their younger children to cook by having them prepare their own slices in the toaster oven. So, we decided to start offering fun recipes to take your Ellio’s Pizza game to the next level.
We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and pizza is always a favorite, so why not combine the two? In this edition of Ellio’s Pizza Hacks, we’ll be showing you how to make the perfect Ellio’s Breakfast Bonanza Pizza.
Our goal is to keep the recipe simple, but you can add as many ingredients as you dare. We also mostly use store-brand ingredients, and the results are always tasty. The following recipe is based on any of our varieties that have a nine-slice serving. Let’s play!
- What you’ll need & suggested portions:
1 box of Ellio’s Pizza
3 large eggs
4 slices of bacon
1 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
- How the magic happens:
1. Start by cooking your bacon. We fried ours in a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Once it’s as crispy or chewy as you like, place the bacon to the side on a paper towel.
2. Break 3 large eggs into a mixing bowl.
3. Add a dash of salt and pepper. We also added 1-4 drops of water to the eggs to make sure they’d be nice and fluffy.
4. Hand-whisk the eggs vigorously for about 1 minute, until the whites and yolks are completely blended. The mix should look a little frothy.
5. Coat your nonstick skillet with butter, cooking oil or spray cooking oil. You can also just drain the grease from the skillet used for bacon and let the remaining grease serve as a lubricant to keep the eggs from burning. That’s what we did, and it adds even more flavor!
6. Set the lubricated, nonstick skillet on medium heat, and allow a few minutes for the skillet to heat up.
7. Now’s a good time to heat your toaster oven to 425°F.
8. Once the toaster oven is warm, place your desired amount of Ellio’s Pizza slices on the middle rack. Allow the slices to cook for 7 minutes.
9. While your pizza is cooking, pour the blended egg mix into the skillet.
10. Allow the eggs to begin firming up for about 1-2 minutes.
11. Use a spatula to gently pull, lift and fold the eggs. Once the egg mix begins gathering together, allow the eggs to continue to cook until completely thickened. Then remove them from the heat. MAKE SURE NO VISIBLE LIQUID EGG REMAINS.
12. Chop your bacon into small pieces.
13. Remove the Ellio’s Pizza slices from the toaster oven, but keep the oven turned on.
14. Pile the scrambled eggs over the slices, concentrating on the middle.
15. Evenly distribute the bacon pieces.
16. Sprinkle your desired amount of cheese over the top — the cheese will help hold everything together.
17. Place your Ellio’s Breakfast Bonanza Pizza back in the toaster oven for 3-4 additional minutes, allowing the cheese to melt and pizza to crisp.
18. Serve and enjoy! Wash it down with a glass of orange juice.
We hope you’ve had as much fun playing with your food as we did. If you followed along at home, we’d love to see the finished product. Follow us on Instagram @OfficialElliosPizza, and when you tag #ElliosGram in your photos, we just might regram your Ellio’s creations. Keep checking back with us for more Ellio’s Pizza Hacks.